Drum’s Investment and Asset Management division is based in Edinburgh and complements the Group’s risk-controlled development activity, with an entrepreneurial and proactive approach to asset management.
In addition to providing asset management services for Drum’s own extensive portfolio and a variety of institutional client mandates, Drum undertook a significant UK expansion in 2015 with the flotation of a new Real Estate Investment Trust called Drum Income Plus REIT (DRIP REIT) trading on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange. Drum is also one of Scotland’s largest private residential landlords.
Drum Income Plus REIT Plc
Drum Income Plus REIT Plc (DRIP REIT) was an income- focused real estate fund targeting UK regional commercial property assets, primarily in the office, retail and industrial sector. Between 2015 and 2021, it successfully purchased and managed a varied portfolio of high-quality assets in key regional locations across the UK. In September 2021, DRIP REIT and Custodian REIT announced they had reached agreement on an all-share acquisition of DRIP REIT, providing shareholders with exposure to a larger portfolio with more diversity across both sectors and geography, whilst benefiting from a property strategy entirely consistent with DRIP REIT.
Drum has extensive experience managing a variety of institutional and third-party mandates, in addition to servicing the Group’s own extensive portfolio. Drum provides clients with access to a vastly experienced multi-disciplinary team to utilise as required to redevelop and optimise assets.
Drum is currently acting for a range of institutions, administrators and investors. Services include:
- Managing professional teams
- Undertaking design development & planning process
- Co-ordinating technical investigations and planning application packs
- Stakeholder communications strategy and implementation
- Property analysis and evaluation
- Pro-active liaison with existing tenants
- Marketing, design and stakeholder communication implementation for leasing campaigns
- Engaging with appointed letting agents to drive performance of assets
- Liaison with appointed investment agents on value implications and market for exit
Drum continues to grow its private residential portfolio across all the major conurbations of Scotland and remains one of the largest private landlords in the country.